I started making and using this compound butter about five years ago. The tartness of the cranberries plays well against the turkey, and sage and rosemary are always winning herbs for the Thanksgiving Turkey. Add whatever herbs you like tho, or leave them out entirely and add a bit of honey or sugar to use as a spread on your breads.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dried rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons crushed rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in the work bowl of your food processor and pulse to chop cranberries and mix them together.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g