Taking a cue from the old English folk song popularized by Simon & Garfunkel, this savory sauce can be used as a glaze for your turkey, mixed with butter for the turkey, or just served as an alternative to the sweet stuff. The Parsley isn’t really needed, doesn’t bring a lot to the flavor party, but we needed it for the name to work right. You can make your own Garlic broth, or use any other broth but I tend to keep several of the Better than Bouillon bases around, including the roasted garlic, so I use it.
Scarborough Fair Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- .5 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- .5 tablespoon fresh sage minced
- .5 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- .5 tablespoon fresh thyme minced
- 1 tsp Superior Touch Better Than Bouillon: Roasted Garlic Base
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Combine garlic base and water, or use your favorite chicken or turkey broth
- Add broth, cranberries and herbs to a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and let simmer until the berries have popped and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Off heat, stir in honey and balsamic vinegar.
You can use your favorite broth or make your own in place of the garlic base and water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g